ORONO, Maine (August 26, 2019) –
University Credit Union, a statewide credit union chartered to serve University of Maine System students, alumni, staff and their families, announced the recipients of its annual scholarship program for 2019.
The following students received a $1,000 scholarship from UCU:
- Austin Cashman, of Windsor, CT is attending the University of Maine to study Economics.
- Riley Grady, of Gardiner, ME is attending the University of Maine at Augusta to study Mental Health and Human Services.
- Kiera Jasper, of Farmington, ME is attending the University of Maine at Farmington to study Secondary Education with a concentration in Mathematics.
- Naf Richie, of Bangor, ME is attending the University of Maine at Fort Kent to study Nursing.
- Savannah Borland, of Brownsville, TX is attending the University of Maine at Presque Isle to study Psychology.
- Ange Kamanyana, of Scarborough, ME is attending the University of Southern Maine to study Occupational Therapy.
- Dawson Byers, of Kenduskeag, ME is attending Maine Maritime Academy to study International Business Logistics.
For more information, visit www.ucu.maine.edu/scholarship/.
About University Credit Union
Established on the University of Maine campus in 1967, University Credit Union is an innovative, full-service financial institution with a mission to actively advance the financial well-being of our members in every stage of their lives. UCU is the seventh largest credit union in Maine in terms of total assets and the fifth largest in terms of total members. UCU has eight retail locations across the state serving the University of Maine System students, employees, and alumni and their families primarily. Branches are located in Orono, Bangor, Farmington, Gorham, Portland, and Presque Isle. For more information visit ucu.maine.edu.
# # #