Kasasa Cash® Checking - Earn Higher Dividends!
Does earning a little extra cash each month sound appealing? With Kasasa Cash® you can earn up to 1.50% APY* on checking balances up to $10,000. Plus, we’ll refund your ATM fees nationwide!*
- 1.50% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- Earn 0.15% APY* on the portion of balance over $10,000
- 0.05% APY* on all balances if qualifications aren't met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide, up to $25 monthly*
- Can link to high-dividends Kasasa Saver® account
- No minimum deposit to open
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- Free online banking
- Free e-statements
- Free Visa® debit card
- Unlimited check writing
Simply do the following activities with your Kasasa Cash® account during each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive e-statements
- Be enrolled and access online banking
- Have at least 1 automatic payment (ACH) post and settle, such as: payroll direct deposit, bill pay, etc.
No need to worry if you don’t qualify one month. Your account will still earn 0.05% APY* - and it’s still free. Plus, you can get right back to earning rewards the very next qualification cycle!
2020 Qualification Cycle
|January: Dec. 31 - Jan. 30||February: Jan. 31 - Feb. 28||March: Feb. 29 - Mar. 30|
|April: Mar. 31 - Apr. 29||May: Apr. 30 - May 30||June: May 31 - Jun. 29|
|July: Jun. 30 - Jul. 30||August: Jul. 31 - Aug. 30||September: Aug. 31 - Sep. 29|
|October: Sep. 30 - Oct. 30||November: Oct. 31 - Nov. 29||December: Nov. 30 - Dec. 30|
*Qualifications Information: Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account’s rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by University Credit Union as ATM transactions and purchases made with non-University Credit Union issued debit cards. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one (1) day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one (1) day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
Reward Information: When your Kasasa Cash® account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, the following rewards will be distributed to your account(s):
- Kasasa Cash®: (1) Balances up to $10,000 receive APY* of 1.50%; and balances over $10,000 earn 0.15% interest rate on the portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in a range from 1.50% to 0.27% APY depending on the account’s balance and
- Kasasa Saver®: (2) Balances up to $15,000 receive APY of 0.75% and balances over $15,000 earn 0.15% interest rate on the portion of balance over $15,000, resulting in a range from 0.75% to 0.23% APY depending on the account’s balance.
- ATM Fee Reimbursements: You will receive reimbursements up to $25 ($4.99 per single transaction) for domestic ATM fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. An ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursements of individual ATM fees of $5.00 or higher.
When Kasasa Cash® qualifications are not met ATM fees are not refunded and all balances in your Kasasa Cash® account and in your Kasasa Saver® account earn 0.05% APY* and 0.05% APY, respectively, and the interest earned in your Kasasa Cash® account is automatically transferred to your Kasasa Saver® account. Dividends and ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to your Kasasa Cash® account on the last day of Statement Cycle and then automatically transferred to your Kasasa Saver® account on the following day.
* When linked to the Kasasa Saver® account, the dividends earned within the Kasasa Cash® account does not compound since it is automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver® account. Consequently, when linked to Kasasa Saver®, and your Kasasa Cash® qualifications are met, balances up to $10,000 in your Kasasa Cash® account receive a non-compounding APY of 1.50%; and balances over $10,000 earn 0.15% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $10,000, resulting in a non-compounding range from 1.50% to 0.27% APY depending on the account’s balance. When your Kasasa Cash® qualifications are not met, all balances in the Kasasa Cash® account earn a non-compounding APY of 0.05%. The Kasasa Saver® APYs may be less than the Kasasa Cash® APYs. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 06/01/2020. Rates and rewards are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply. Rewards may vary by account. No minimum deposit is required to open the account. Monthly ACH credit, enrollment in online banking, receipt of electronic statements are conditions of these accounts. Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, electronic statements) and log-ons may be required to meet some of the account’s qualifications. Limit one Kasasa Cash® and one Kasasa Saver® per prime member and per primary account. A Kasasa Cash® account is required to have a Kasasa Saver® account. A linked Kasasa Saver® account is required for automatic savings. Contact a University Credit Union service representative for additional information, details, restrictions, processing limitations and enrollment instructions. Federally insured by NCUA. Kasasa, Kasasa Cash and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of BancVue, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.