Estate Planning Seminar
Free for UCU members!
Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Estate Planning, Long-Term Care, and its Impact on Your Financial Plan
- Who Needs a Will and Who Needs a Trust?
- How does a Simple Trust Work?
- How does a Complex Trust Work?
- What’s an Advance Health Care Directive?
- What’s the Difference between a Power of Attorney and a Personal Representative?
- Why (or Why Not) Avoid Probate?
- How does Probate Work?
- What Do I Need to Know About MaineCare?
- Will the Nursing Home Take My Home?
- Can I Preserve Assets from the Cost of My Long Term Care?
If you prefer to register over the phone, call 207 889 9914.
First-Time Home Buyer Course
Learn everything you need to know about the home buying process with our popular course with HoMEworks! Attending this course could make you eligible for the $3,500 Maine State Housing Advantage grant to apply towards closing costs.
What you'll learn:
- The home buying process
- Money management and the costs involved
- Goal setting and preparing for homeownership
- How to qualify and obtain a mortgage loan
- Lender's view: Determining creditworthiness and affordability
- What to expect at closing
- How to avoid being ripped off
UCU will be at the following classes and teach the lending and credit portions of the course. We are proud to provide these courses as a resource.
January 27th, 8am - 6pm
University of Maine at Farmington Campus
Conference Room 123, Olsen Student Center
111 South St, Farmington, ME 04938
Parking is behind student center on High Street.
February 17th, 8am - 6pm
American Legion Post #2 (near Best Buy)
February 24th, 8am - 6pm
University of Maine Augusta – Bangor Campus
128 Texas Avenue, Bangor, ME
Eastport Hall Room 124
March 24th, 8am - 6pm
April 7th, 8am - 6pm
USM, Lewiston-Auburn Campus, Room 285
51 Westminster St, Lewiston, ME 04240